Back to jobs

Traffic Controller - Northern NSW location

Job description

Thinking about trading the hustle and bustle of Sydney for the laid-back lifestyle of Byron Bay? If you're considering a career in traffic control, Byron Bay offers a unique blend of professional opportunity and coastal charm. As the town continues to grow and attract tourists year-round, the demand for skilled traffic controllers is on the rise. Imagine starting your day with a sunrise surf before heading to work, and ending it with a beachside stroll. Embrace the perfect balance of work and leisure in a community that values both. Byron Bay isn't just a destination-it's a lifestyle change waiting to happen.

What does your day-to-day look like? You'll be:

  • Directing traffic around areas of disruption, such as roadworks, accidents, building sites and planned maintenance
  • Setting up and taking down temporary road signs (with the assistance of other TCs)
  • Directing pedestrians to maintain safety around changed vehicle and road conditions.
  • Communicating with other Traffic Controllers with your radio
  • Taking directions from your supervisor, traffic authority workers, construction project managers, police officers, paramedics, firefighters, auditors and government officials

Minimum requirements:

  • NSW Traffic Controller (TCR) Ticket
  • NSW Implement Traffic Control Plans (IMP) Ticket
  • White Card
  • PPE - Long pants, long sleeve high vis shirt, steel cap boots, hard hat & broadbrim hat
  • 5 Watt Radio
  • Traffic control bat


  • Highly flexible work - mark yourself available week by week
  • Work with a highly experienced team who have been in the industry for 20+ years
  • Exposure to working with your local councils! Service the community
  • Annual Spinifex Christmas BBQs

Spinifex Recruiting are the leading provider of Traffic control services for Tweed Shire Council & Byron Shire Council. If you are available immediately & open to travel to these areas, hit APPLY today! If you require more information, give Brock or Rochelle a call on 1300 800 301 (Option 2).