Spinifex Recruiting is the North Coast's leading recruitment agency, with over ten years' experience servicing government and commercial clients. Spinifex currently has a vacancy for a Project Engineer to work for Tweed Council on an approximate 6 month casual assignment with possibility of extension.
Council has received multiple grants in response to the 2020 flood event and Covid-19, the primary objective of the role is to oversee the planning, tendering, and contractor management through to project completion of the planned civil works associated with the grants.
The current scope for the role includes but is not limited to:
- Defining and scoping civil construction specifications, works scopes and cost estimates - particularly for earthworks, culverts and roadworks damaged by the Feb 2020 floods
- Developing tender documents, running procurement processes, and setting up & managing contracts for design consultants and civil contractors
- Providing engineering and project management support to Council's Contracts foremen overseeing flood repairs being undertaken by dayworks contractors
- Providing engineering/Project Management support to other engineering resources within the Council's Construction Section
- Carrying out other miscellaneous procurement/Project Management functions for Council's Contracts Section
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or relevant discipline and substantial technical experience and competence in a similar role.
- Demonstrated competence in Project Management and the ability to manage multidiscipline projects simultaneously; especially civil engineering projects.
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple priorities to meet project and program management deadlines.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in Construction supervision, Construction management, and Design of civil engineering infrastructure.
- Demonstrated competence in Contract management including procurement risk assessment and management; tendering processes, assessment and evaluation; contract supervision and close out.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Asset Management Systems.
- Demonstrated high level estimating skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal delegations and due diligence responsibilities under the WHS Act and Environmental Planning and Assess Act.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including liaison and conflict resolution.
- Current Drivers Licence - Car
A casual pay rate of $57.96 is offered to the successful candidate.
If this role sounds attractive to you, please submit an application by clicking on the Apply button below.
For further information on this position or to obtain a position description please call Tom at Spinifex Recruiting on 1300 800 301