ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Our client is a well-known and highly regarded not for profit and community-based charity operating across Western NSW. With a strong focus on quality, this organisation is experiencing significant growth. The organisation has a significant property portfolio of commercial, industrial, and residential buildings in multiple locations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a newly created role. Its function is to drive and lead the operational property and facilities unit. The main objectives of the role will be providing expert advice on a diverse and complex range of strategic and operational activities in a proactive and efficient manner. This will include
- Day to day management of industrial, commercial, and residential assets,
- Building strong relationships with landlords and estate agents. Managing the end to end Performing regular inspections of assets to ensure that the portfolio is being maintained
- administration of all leases including negotiations of lease renewals and rent reviews
- Maintaining strong stakeholder communication to ensure immediate response to any emergency or urgent contact requirements.
- Implementing a program of preventative maintenance and regularly review maintenance contracts across properties to ensure quality and cost standards are met.
- Providing strategic property plans in line with organisations growth strategy and reviewing existing property portfolio and providing analysis of lease or buy opportunities
- Advising management of potential opportunities to improve ROI on property portfolio, including preparation of budgets covering all income and expenditure items and forecasting capital expenditure
- Creating briefs, or scope of works and recommendations and supervision and management of fit-outs and renovations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To secure this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role with a track record of strategic facilities management in a diverse portfolio
- The ability to develop and maintain strong customer focus and nurture positive business relationships with clients & external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to deal with several matters and work to strict deadlines
- Well-developed analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills and ability to make recommendations to management
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Property Management Systems
- Tertiary qualifications in a property discipline is desirable but not essential
- Current and valid NSW Real Estate Licence or Certificate of Registration
- Current Drivers Licence and reliable car to visit sites
- An excellent understanding of commercial leases and compliance obligations
- The successful candidate must have or be able to obtain a current National Police Check
- All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
To Apply please click on the link. If you have questions, please contact Ruth Connelly at Spinifex Recruiting on 02 9290 3733 or 0402 089 999