ABOUT THE ROLE
To conduct and manage high quality research and advice on vocational education and training affecting the organisation's Members and to oversee campaigns to deliver outcomes to jobseekers and industry.
To facilitate the transfer of information regarding the benefits of vocational education and training to Members and Governments as agreed by the organisation's Board.
Provide high level project management, development and implementation for the following:
- Review and revise a list of contemporary agricultural and horticultural occupations to identify job descriptions that better describe job functions and are more attractive to potential employees.
- Engage with Member organisations, and through them the vocational training providers regarding delivery of skills development programs to the sector.
- Engage with Members and their industry employers to encourage their understanding of and participation in vocational training programs.
- Promote agricultural and horticultural careers generally.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- An understanding of the Australian agricultural & horticultural sectors is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including excellent written reports, ideally to Board-level.
- Experience in managing and communicating workload priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of programs.
- The ability to work collaboratively and take direction, often working to tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and accrued leave as a temporary non-ongoing employee of this organisation.
This is an immediate vacancy, all queries may be directed to Ben Jones from Spinifex Recruiting on 0411 174 409 alternatively, please APPLY NOW