Royal Botanic Gardens at Mt Tomah requires an experienced Administration Officer (Information Officer) to supprt professional and focused customer service through the provision of visitor information, site reception services, processing bookings, collection and reconciliation of entry fees and sale of books and gift merchandise.
The position will be initially part time for 14 hours per week (7 hour day) and would likely to increase to 21 hours as of August 2020.
* Provide assitance to clients and visitors, including attending to enquiries in person, over the counter, on phone and social media, to capitalise on opportunities that enhance visitor experience and Knowldege of Botanical Gardens and Centenial Park (BGCP) products and services
* Undertake sales of merchandise and tickets including the receipting of money collected, in accordance to (BGCP) policies and procedures
* Operate communication systems, including online booking, radio based station, telephone switchboard and telephone directories
* Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing review of procedures and protocols to provide improved services
* Provide timely and efficient administrative support to the manager as directed, including the provision of accurate visitor attendance records; sales and financial analysis for reports; responses to visitor enquiries; data collection and analysis; administrative and operational support and general records management to inofrm decision making for all (BGCP) sites.
* Undertake related duties, including general area presentation, security of reception areas and the visitor centres, receipt and dispatch of mail and deliveries, administering visitor permits and security passes.
* Inmplement and follow workplace safety initiatives, identify hazards and contribute to a safe working environment, as well as following procedures to manage and minimise risk.
* Experience in dealing with customer enquiries in a reception or frontline service area
* Experience in a retail environment, including cash handling procedures and using digital booking software
* Experience in financial admisnitration, including preparing purchase orders using a financial software system
* Experience with a high volume switchboard and a radio base station
* Ability to work outside of normal working hours and on weekends if required
* Current drivers licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles
Candidates must be willing to undertake a Working With Children Check if successful
Applications Close Monday 29th June 2020 at 2pm.
Please forward your resume to the link provided.