ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Our client is a 40 year old family company that recently expanded and upgraded its manufacturing equipment to the latest technology. It is a major employer in the Riverina. It has a long-term relationship with its major customer and has long term contracts in place to supply its product. It is growing its customer base internationally and has Tier 2 export accreditation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a hands-on Financial Accounting role in a small finance team. The role reports to an experienced and supportive CFO. The key responsibility is to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the accounts. This requires:
- Proactively managing and improving the integrity and accuracy of weekly and monthly financial information used and presented to management, executive and the board
- Ensuring all processes related to weekly and month end close off are completed on time and in full
- Managing the integrity of the accounting system
- Overseeing the improvement of the accounting system and subsidiary systems including Fixed Assets, Micro pay and Mitre finch with a continual approach to streamlining the use of production system information that converts to financial data
- Using 3-way modelling developed externally to deliver consolidated and branch profit & loss reporting, balance sheet and cashflow
- Managing working capital cashflow and supporting the CFO with cashflow forecasting
- Actively engaging with the commercial manager to highlight cost issues and profit opportunities
- Managing a team of four finance staff.
You'll be supported by an external advisor in the first 6-12months and KPMG are used as consultants.
You will ideally be a qualified chartered accountant with strong technical financial accounting skills. You might be looking for a first move from the chartered environment or looking to build on your industry experience. In addition you will;
- Have experience managing a small team
- Have some knowledge of manufacturing or FMCG industries
- Be looking for a role that will lead to promotion in 1-2 years
- Be willing to live and work in regional NSW
- All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
To Apply please click on the link. If you have questions, please contact Ruth Connelly at Spinifex Recruiting on 0402 089 999